Current Address Permanent Address
180 W Patterson Ave, Apt M H 15/3 Kalakshetra Colony
Columbus, OH 43202 Chennai, TN 600090
(1)-(614)-424 9256 (91)-(44)-491 2194
A fresh mind eager to apply, modeling skills, technical expertise and hands-on experience, in the conception of innovative mechatronic design solutions for control and machine vision systems.
M.S., Mechanical Engineering, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH (expected June 2002) GPA 3.72/4.0.
Thesis Topic: “Shape Control of structures using a Multi-Camera 3-D photogrammetry system”. The objective of this thesis work is to develop an efficient and accurate means of distributed shape control of a structure. Stereovision techniques are utilized to provide an accurate 3-D map of the structure and sliding mode and integral control techniques are to be used on a stepper motor actuator array for shape control of the structure.
B.E., Mechanical Engineering, Anna University, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India (05/1996 - 05/2000) GPA 8.96/10.0
Thesis Topic: “Intelligent Inspection system”. A simple machine vision system to inspect and check dimensional accuracy of an object was designed.
Intelligent Systems and Structures Laboratory, Ohio State University.
The focus area of research is in control systems and the main work revolved around,
- Design and implementation of the drive circuitry of a PWM stepper motor actuator array (4 actuators) for distributed shape control of a cantilevered beam.
- Extensive use of dSpace for rapid control prototyping, data acquisition and for signal processing.
- Hardware interfacing (RS232 serial communication) through C and Simulink.
- Hands on Experience with CCD cameras, image acquisition software and hardware.
- Research on Stereo Vision systems and Sliding Mode control.
- Summer Internship at Integral Coach Factory, Chennai on Manufacturing Practices with special attention to Jigs, Fixtures and Press tools. (Summer 1998)
- Training programs at ABT Maruthi, Chennai, Kohinoor Motors, Chennai on 2-wheeler and 4-wheeler servicing. (Summer 1997)
- Training program at Shakthi Hi-Tech, Chennai on Industrial practices. (Summer 1997)
HONOURS AND ACHIEVEMENTS
Recipient of University Fellowship, The Ohio State University (2000-2001)
· Strong problem solving skills with broad-based knowledge of classical and modern control techniques built on a strong mathematical base.
· Vast experience on MATLAB, Simulink and dSpace (DS1102 and DS1103 hardware-in-the-loop controllers) for rapid control prototyping.
· Hands-on experience with electronic, electromechanical and mechanical systems.
· Adept in 2-D and 3-D modeling using AutoCAD and I-DEAS and in analysis using ANSYS